Arnulfo C. Hernández Ojeda, LMSW, PhD, detention counselor at the Bexar County Juvenile Detention Center, helps you better understand the Culture of Poverty in our latest On-demand Video.
For this 5-part series, Dr. Ojeda addresses the following:
- definition of the Culture of Poverty,
- how these feelings impact a child’s worldview,
- the importance of making goals more reachable by splitting them into smaller steps,
- the role of attachment models, and
- how to empower and motivate kids to think differently.
This recording is from a community presentation Clarity Child Guidance Center hosted on February 19, 2010.
*Note: You must be able to access YouTube to view these videos. Some organizations limit access to this video-sharing website.