clarity caped crusaders for big give 2021
Holy smokes! Big Give 2021 is right around the corner!
Big Give is South Central Texas’ 24-hour day of online giving for the local nonprofits which make our community a great place to live, work, and play. Big Give 2021 is on Thursday, September 23 from 12:00am to 11:59pm.
Generous donors and heroic fundraisers make Big Give possible! Will you rise to the call?
Once that is complete, you are ready to go when Big Give opens up later in September.
But just because you can’t donate yet doesn’t mean there isn’t more to do! Heroes for Clarity have the option to update their fundraising profile to:
- Tell YOUR story and explain why children’s mental health matters to you
- Set a personal fundraising goal
- Connect your Facebook and/or Twitter to make sharing easier on Sept 23
- Share the URL to your profile to encourage others to sign up
We can’t wait to fight side-by-side for children’s mental health care with you in a couple weeks!
Clarity Child Guidance Center
mother and son duo make a difference
Kay Perez, a unit clerk at Clarity, and her son Bryan often spend Saturday at Goodwill, shopping for the kids getting treatment at Clarity CGC.
“The kids that come to [Clarity], sometimes literally, they come with paper gowns from hospitals,” said Kay. “It brightens up my day,” Bryan said. “Just to see what a big difference I can make.” Read more about Kay and Bryan’s story here.
If you want to provide for the kids getting mental health care at Clarity, complete the form at the bottom of How to Get Involved!
so-called normal: a memoir of family, depression and resilience
Mark Henick, one of Canada’s foremost advocates for mental health, recorded a brief message for you leading up to his Claritycon presentation on November 5!
You can watch Mark Henick’s presentation live and/or meet him at KLRN studios on November 5 with our IN-PERSON or LIVESTREAM options.
For a sneak peak of Mark’s story, check out our brand new blog, So-Called Normal – A Familiar Story from Mark Henick!
platinum seal of transparency
Clarity Child Guidance Center has received a Platinum Seal of Transparency with GuideStar! Guidestar is the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations.
- “So-Called Normal: A Memoir of Family, Depression and Resilience” by Mark Henick, Suicide Survivor
- “Transforming the Difficult Child with the Use of the Nurtured Heart Approach” by Rachael Sherman, LCSW
- “Addiction And The Brain” by Michelli Ramon, LCSW, CDWF
- “Family Violence: The Effects on a Child” by Jenny Hixon, Public Health Administrator – Violence Prevention, San Antonio Metropolitan Health District
- “First Psychotic Episode” by Ariel De Llanos, MD, CEO and Founder of Focus and Balance