Our top two priorities are keeping your child safe and making sure you, as the parent, are informed. Below are the visiting guidelines for families who want to visit a child in our 24-hour on-campus treatment program.
When you arrive:
- Bring a picture I.D.
- Leave cell phones and cameras at home or in your vehicle. These items are not allowed on campus.
- Always remember to sign in upon arrival and sign out upon departure at the main nurses’ station in the living unit.
24-hour On-Campus and Outpatient Programs
8535 Tom Slick
San Antonio, Texas 78229
Click here for driving directions.
Families are encouraged to visit and practice interventions and symptom management before the child returns home. We recommend visiting around mealtimes, during the hours of 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. seven days a week. We allow visiting at other times, but ask that you coordinate with the Charge Nurse or Therapist so that your visit does not prevent participation in treatment.
The only people who may visit with your child are family members or friends with previous authorization from the child’s parent or guardian. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
We promote a relaxed, caring environment. Children and adolescents wear their own clothes and may have a favorite toy or blanket, books, or pictures of friends and family. Feel free to bring these or any other of their favorite keepsakes.
For the safety of your child and other patients, please do not bring your child any of the following items:
- Valuables (jewelry, large amounts of cash, etc.)
- Cell phones, radios, CD players, video games, televisions, computers, PDAs, or any other electronic devices (these can be fire hazards or interfere with certain medical devices and Clarity's communications system)
- Small toys (choking hazard), toys that use or generate electricity or a spark, and latex balloons
Regardless of what you bring, please bear in mind that Clarity cannot be responsible for any items left in your child's room.
Please call us at 877-676-KIDS for additional information.
We can provide you with an up-to-date list of area hotels and other facilities that offer discounts or charge a nominal fee for families of patients. Many of these facilities are within walking distance, or provide free shuttle transportation to and from Clarity Child Guidance Center.