Ready for a summer of fun and learning? You’re invited to pack your bags and hike over to Claritycon2023, a summit for advocates of children’s mental health! The conference is at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa on July 20-21.
Your ticket to Claritycon2023 includes:
- 12 hours of professional development (CEUs and CNEs available) with presentations by 30+ renowned experts
- Continuing education certificates to nurses for the first time
- 4 meals plus snacks, including breakfast and lunch keynote addresses
- Exhibitors from agencies offering services/programs including community resources, therapy resources, school/tutoring assistance
- Free admission to Friday’s celebratory luncheon with keynote speaker David Ambroz
Online registration is open now. Register before May 1 to receive a $50 early bird discount!
Show Up For Children
One in five kids has an emotional, behavioral, or mental illness. Two of the main barriers to treatment are stigma and access to care. Your participation at Claritycon ensures the children in your care get the best support and resources available.
Show Up For Yourself
Since 2013, Claritycon has grown to reach over 500 attendees ranging from educators, therapists, physicians, social workers, and mental health professionals.
Presentations explore the numerous internal and external factors that impact the emotional, psychological and social well-being of young people. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Human trafficking
- Domestic violence
- Trauma informed care
- Immigrant children and families
- Juvenile justice
- Intersectionality and health disparities
- Medication management
- Nutrition’s impact on mental health
- Eating disorders
- Immigrant youth
- Diet culture
To celebrate our 10th year, we are also offering continuing education certificates to nurses for the first time ever!
Show Up For Clarity
On Friday, Claritycon ends with a celebratory luncheon where conference attendees will be joined by community members, mental health advocates, and local representatives to raise support for kids who need treatment at Clarity Child Guidance Center. Clarity is the only nonprofit mental health treatment hospital for children (3-17) in South Texas. Community support allows Clarity to provide mental health care for kids regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
This year’s keynote speaker is David Ambroz, Head of External Affairs & Community Engagement at Amazon. In 2016, he was named a White House “Champions of Change for Foster Care Youth.” David will share his personal story of resilience as he navigated a parent with mental illness, homelessness, and the foster care system. His recent book, A Place Called Home, is available for purchase as well.