Refer to Clarity CGC
Info for healthcare professionals
Call 210.582.6412 any time of the day or night to talk to a professional referral representative.
Clarity CGC has designed an easy method for health care professionals to determine when a patient or client is in crisis and needs an immediate assessment by licensed mental health professionals.
Mental Health Crisis Referral Form: A checklist for a professional to determine if a patient is in crisis and should be seen immediately.
Referral Process Chart: Key steps to accessing mental health care for children.
Crisis assessment at no cost
The crisis assessment is at no cost to your patient and it takes place at our family-friendly facility. Our professional triage staff will discuss the referral process and arrange a confidential meeting to evaluate what the child needs, what the family can be comfortable with and how to best get treatment started.
Access our services quickly, 24/7
One call is all it takes to access the services at Clarity Child Guidance Center for your patient.
- We only need basic information.
- In most cases, the initial evaluation is conducted within hours of the initial call.
- There are certain mental health situations in which our services and hospital facilities are not appropriate. A referral representative will be able to help you determine whether or not our services are appropriate.
Financial help available
As a non-profit organization and a United Way Agency, a major goal of Clarity Child Guidance Center is to assure that any child in need gets help.
- While we do accept commercial insurance, TRICARE and Medicaid, we also have many alternative methods to fund a child’s treatment.
- Our financial representatives will work with your patient and their family to find a way to get the medical care they need.
Qualified and certified
As experts in our field, our entire staff has received specialized training in child mental health care.
- All of our psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and professional counselors are licensed by their specialty boards.
- We are licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services and accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Clarity Child Guidance Center also maintains an on-going teaching and research affiliation with the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
An inpatient setting designed like a campus
Conveniently located in the heart of The South Texas Medical Center, Clarity Child Guidance Center is designed to be a safe, secure, tranquil and loving place for children and families.
- The child-focused environment features extensive facilities for both indoor and outdoor therapeutic recreational activities.
- Brochures and welcome packages are available for physicians to use when discussing possible treatment solutions with parents.
- If you don’t currently have our materials or need re-stocking, please call our Physician Liaison Service at 210.582.6412.