Clarity Child Guidance Center is the result of a merger of two of South Texas’ leaders in children’s mental health: Southwest Mental Health Center and Child Guidance Center.
This unification has strengthened both our organizations in terms of number of psychiatrists, psychotherapists, mental health specialists, facilities and comprehensive treatments. All levels of treatment are offered on the same campus, providing strong continuity of care and a system of collaboration between the professionals.
The impact of these combined resources and our non-profit status enhances our ability to give an even greater number of children and families access to these vital health care services they may not otherwise qualify for.
We are here in times of crisis
Mental health services for children is our only discipline. You can feel confident that your patients will receive the highest level of specialized care.
- We provide a safe, secure environment for evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Our philosophy involves a holistic approach and includes long-term support for the family after initial treatment.
- We are here for your patients in their time of crisis with behavioral intervention programs to help them cope and begin the healing process.
The process starts with answers
The initial step in our treatment process is to clarify and diagnose the patient’s condition by conducting a mental health evaluation.
- This is administered by a highly trained mental health specialist and takes place at our main campus.
- Parent/family involvement is expected and encouraged.
- After the evaluation, a course of treatment will be recommended.
- At the appropriate time, a discharge summary will be provided to the referring physician.